Find worked solutions for different exam papers, ask questions and connect with
medical aspirants and students from all over the world.

Home Forums General Discussion How often do students enter Med School with just 1 specific specialty in mind? Reply To: How often do students enter Med School with just 1 specific specialty in mind?

• Erina M

March 24, 2021 at 4:31 pm
    365 Replies
    900 XP
    Up
    Down

Hey Gabz!

Sounds like you’re a curious soul, bursting with interests 🧡 Surgery, Family Med, Emergency Med are quite different, but you’re still with Paeds…wonder if there’s a reason why this stuck throughout the years… You’re so right that what matters most is to have an open mind. Learning about anything within the human body is worthwhile, it’s all connected. 😊

Maybe the lack of exposure is one reason some are adamant about one specialty in the beginning. Then people discover different dimensions within medicine and become infatuated with a completely different field.

In my case, I do feel that I will stick to my plan, but this is because I have precise, personal and deep-rooted reasons for my interest, reasons that will probably never change. Plus, I’m older and like to think I have a clear idea of my purpose, more so than most 18 year olds, at least.

Also, thank you so much for the responses, not just for this question but multiple others as well. I truly value your insight as someone with first hand experience. Will get back to you soon for the other ones💙